Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Nutrisystem Update

Nutrisystem update. Got pretty difficult due to the loss of my beloved cat. Depression can interfere with weight loss. No, I didn’t gain weight. I do find that eating out is quite hard as I don’t seem to choose the correct things. I went to a New York Sharks practice and wound up with a small roast beef sandwich with little mayo. Enough to hold me over until dinner time. However, after the Expo I went to dine with some of the Sharks as they are supportive of the GLBT community. We ate at Hot Wings and that’s what I ate!!! Mild, but full of calories. When I got home I had a salad.

It appears that Nutrisystem has a lot of new items. Dinners: chicken with almonds, rice and veggies; chicken pasta parm; lemon butter sauce with chicken; past primavera with tofu; teriyaki beef; sweet and sour chicken; turkey tetrazinni; beef tacos; chicken breast patty; grilled chicken breast and cheese spinach ravioli with meat. Desserts: mint chocolate crunch bar and chocolate crunch bar are not like the “supplement” bars but a real chocolate bar; golden pound cake; chocolate pound cake; cheese puffs; and microwave chocolate cake. The last will be interesting as I don’t have a microwave. I’m going to check out the chicken with almonds, etc and the chocolate pound cake. This chicken dinner was one of their best tasting and the pound cake was just sweet and chocolatey enough. Tonight I had the lemon butter sauce with chicken. Another great one.

Now...here came a test. How do I prepare the microwavable chocolate cake without a microwave? I did it in my NuWave oven. I kept it in for a bit too long and was not the best tasting. I prefer the pound cake to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment