Tuesday, November 30, 2010

AQUARIUM OF THE PACIFIC









Barb and I got a behind-the-scenes tour at the Aquarium of the Pacific, going to areas that are usually restricted to the employees. It gave us access to viewing the main aquarium from above as well as the animal care center. Frankly, I would recommend this one-hour romp only if you expect to spend much of the day there.

The Aquarium of the Pacific is quite large and there is certainly a whole lot to see without going behind the scenes. I'm not sure if the otters were around, but that's one that I missed viewing. I guess I'll just have to go back to Monterey.

There was this group of fish that had really long tongues and a fish tank of shark eggs in a hatchery.



We did have time for the Lorikeet Forest. For the extra $3 you get this liquid in a small plastic cup to feed them. As you approach them they will fly over to you and rest on your hand, fingers, or shoulder to be fed. They are so cute and colorful. If you go, save some food for near the end of the circular trail as those birds are the least fed. At first I thought that one would never leave! We got lots of photos and videos!

No comments:

Post a Comment