Monday, March 28, 2011

DR. KRACKER, NATURE'S PATH, LINDA EDER AND ELVIS PRESLEY





It has been awhile since I've blogged. I got a new computer which has Windows 7 on it. Okay, you're probably saying, "Oy, what went wrong with yours or what doesn't work with Windows 7". What doesn't work with Windows 7 is the program for my digital camera which was purchase a few years ago. I called Fujifilm and they tell me that there is no updated version. This computer has this Fish thing. Yes, I can upload the photos but then I have to go to some other thing so I can resize or whatever to send them out or get on my blog, etc. I have a netbook that has the Window thing before Vista so the program will work, but then I have to correct the photos, put it on a memory stick and then put them on my PC. Good grief!!! I decided to blog and will later add photos and video.

Dr. Kracker Crisps. Dr. Kracker is a great flatbread treat. Very healthy with seeds and made with other than wheat. Different types with different seeds. Haven't tried them in soup as yet but best part is that I can make scrambled eggs without any salt or seasoning and the flatbread serves that purpose. They also have Crisps...small flatbreads with things like apple, cherries, hummus, and a spicy one. Great idea!

Have you ever had the pleasure if eating Nature's Path cereals? I'm hooked on them. To begin with, it's all organic. I know that just because the cereal is organic doesn't mean that they taste good but these rock! I'm not one for dry cereal in the morning. The assortment is enormous! Lots of them are gluten free. Aside from cereals they have cereal bars, so to speak. Either rice or granola. Great for a snack. Many of the bars and cereals even have fruit. I find that when I want something to nosh, I go for a small bowl with milk. I love milk and am willing to go for the 2 percent. Lots of fiber....really...no shit! Not a cheap cereal but worth the price for what you get.

I saw Linda Eder in concert at Colden Auditorium on the campus of Queens College in Flushing, New York. She certainly gives a great concert. I think she was supposed to have an opening act, but he canceled and it was all her. Eder came out with a new CD entitled, "Now", featuring the music of her former husband Frank Wildhorn. They got together to create the CD.

Elvis Presley. Or rather Gregg Peters. I was about to enter the doors of a neighborhood diner and saw a flier about Gregg Peters making an appearance. Gee. I remember Gregg Peters from at least 20 years ago when, as a comedian, I opened two shows for him. "He's still doing Elvis Presley?", I said to a friend. She looked at the flier and said, "Yes, as a matter of fact, he's here tonight". I walked over to him and he was so surprised to see me. My first impression was, "Gee, he got so old". Then the second thought was, "Gee, I got so old".

Not only was he doing his Elvis thing but now he has his two sons involved, one of which is doing a young Elvis. A show in a diner...oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment