Wednesday, April 13, 2011

BOSTON FINALE











After that scrumptious dinner at Erbaluce I went to see a performance of HAIR at the Colonial Theatre. The troupe is part of Broadway Across America. I had a seat near the front and on an aisle. What that meant was having contact with the actors. They come out to the audience quite often running up and down the aisles and in many instances doing stuff like ruffling an audience member's hair or sitting on the lap while singing. This troupe did no less of a great performance than the one I saw on Broadway in Manhattan. In fact I just heard that HAIR is returning to New York at the end of June as part of Broadway Across America. I'm looking forward to seeing this cast again. I love the music!

Getting back to my tour of Boston. I chose orange juice and quiche for breakfast at the Charles Street Inn. I didn't want to eat too much as lunch was scheduled for 1 p.m.

Since it wasn't raining I took a short walk on Charles Street. There was this shop called Isabelle's Curly Cakes that's all about cupcakes. They make their basic cupcake, scoop out a part of the top and put in the frosting and then add more frosting. I sampled a small cupcake just to taste the quality. Moist cupcake and delicious frosting.

I decided to do a Pedicab tour with Boston Pedicab. The tour took me from the Charles Street Inn to the Quincy Market area dropping me off at Union Oyster House for lunch. The Union Oyster House is the oldest restaurant in the US.

When in Rome...I had a cup of a very creamy clam chowder, a combo of Welfleet and Bluepoint Oyster, a sample of their lobster ravioli, and a 2-pound lobster. I skipped dessert.

I was later picked up at this location and taken back to the Charles Street Inn so that I could pack my bags and Jetblue back to New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment