Sunday, June 19, 2011

INDY DAY2, PART 1 IT'S A LONG DAY





















How best to tour White Water State Park than with Executive Director Bob Whitt and on segway. The Segway Hut is located just near the parking, along side of the Dr. Frank P. Lloyd, Sr. Visitors Center...how convenient. Although the park is 250 acres of urban greenspace we did not tour all.

The most prominent are the cluster of museums and abutting Indy Zoo, which I later visited all. There are also two outdoor entertainment spaces. One is called the Celebration Plaza and Amphitheater. The other is The Governor's Lawn where major concerts are held. No events were scheduled during my visit. I guess I'll have to return to Indy. I absolutely loved the segway and it becomes easier each time I ride one. You can get lots of info on the park by going to www.inwhiteriver.wrsp.in.gov.

One of the attractions is the Indiana State Museum, where the IMAX theatre is located. I saw one of the best movies called Born To Be Wild and in 3D to boot! It is about orphaned baby elephants and orangutans being brought to areas to grow up and go back into the wild.

Time for lunch and just right there at the Tea Room. Had to indulge in the Velvet Chicken Soup, a salad and tea, of course as we spoke with Kathy Moore. Aside from Indianapolis tourism there is one devoted to downtown Indy as well.

I took a quick tour of the museum to see one entranceway exhibit of women from the Indy 500 and the facade of a public school that was formerly on this location.

No comments:

Post a Comment