Wednesday, August 3, 2011

CALIFORNIA, HERE WE WENT


































="t

In was in June that I went off to California once more. The plan was to tour areas that I haven't experienced and spend time with Nancy and Barbara.

I arrived in Sacramento the night before the journey having taken a late flight. Using up some Marriott Rewards points, I stayed at one of their hotels. With an early start the next day, the itinerary had us going to Mendocino County with a destination of Ukiah, one of the main towns in the Upper Russian River Valley area.

We first stopped at a place known as the City of 10,000 Buddhas. Quite a serene atmosphere and lots of acres. It was composed of an educational facility for one's entire schooling, it one wished as well as areas of worship, dining, gift shop and even a separate vegetarian restaurant.

The main building of worship is where the 10,000 buddhas are housed.

It is quite common to see peacocks and peahens walking about and I guess that they were used to having humans come up close for photos.

Since there was a celebration going on that day, the dining room was open to all. I certainly partook in many of the foods to see how tasty it could be prepared.

Books and CDs were available for a simple donation. I still haven't listened to all of the music as yet.

Photos by Merle Exit and Nancy Kozicki

No comments:

Post a Comment