Tuesday, June 10, 2014

BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION

My birthday was full of celebrations starting with Saturday evening when I covered the New York Sharks game.  We played the Montreal Blitz and despite their losing, they gathered after the game, came over to me and sang the Quebec version of Happy Birthday.  Here are the lyrics.

Ma chere Merle
C'est à ton tour 
de te laisser parler d'amour!
Ma chère Merle
C'est à ton tour 
de te laisser parler d'amour!

Translated it basically means, "My dear Merle, this is a day for you to receive love." 

Going home was difficult thanks to Access-A-Ride and a problematic car service.  One of the former Shark players, Cheri Eleazar, drove me home going way out of her way to do so.   Sharks can certainly become your adopted family. 

My neighbor, Juan Feliciano, brought over a birthday ice cream cake.   Chocolate!!!!!!



Monday's celebration took place at River Japanese Cuisine restaurant located on Springfield Blvd in Oakland Gardens.  
























No comments:

Post a Comment