Sunday, August 25, 2019

SARDEL PAN MAY BE ALL YOU NEED


I recently received information from a company called Sardel that tweaked my cooking attention. It read, “Along with my co-founders and brothers, Andrew and Ross, I have spent the last few years building our company, Sardel.. With the launch of our website and online shop we are excited to introduce a new brand of cookware to you today.”

“We’re proud of the high-quality, Italian-made cookware we’ve created, all of which is brought to you at an affordable price. Our hope is that our products can reflect our passion for cooking and the belief that preparing meals should be as simple and rewarding as eating them.”

“Working closely with friends and family, chefs, and our factory in Italy, we created a selection of timeless kitchen essentials—products that are beautifully classic in design, crafted with high-quality materials, and more attainable in price than the other high-end brands we have been accustomed to seeing.”

“We spoke with countless manufacturers around the world and ultimately found the perfect partner in northern Italy—a third-generation, family-run factory that helps us produce the quality products we had been searching for. Sardel would not have been possible without our manufacturer’s knowledge, dedication, and passion for creating timeless cookware.”

I tend to cook on a NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop Aside from the much shorter cooking time than my own stovetop, I have a ceiling fan in my kitchen that interferes with using a gas stovetop. The non-stick pan that comes with it tends to burn the food in the middle regardless of the chosen heat intensity as well as food sticking to the pan. I then have to soak the pan in order to remove it plus need more than a sponge to clean it. I also find that I have to clean it twice; once to remove using a liquid detergent and a second time to remove the odor of what I just prepared.

Water takes about 90 seconds to boil when I push the “sear” button.  This allows me to cook pasta or soup in this skillet pan.  Let’s continue with the description of the Sardel non-stick pan.

“When designing our products, we chose a stainless steel construction, which results in a highly versatile, durable, and easy-to-maintain product. Sardel products are also “5-ply”, which refers to the five layers of metal used to create our cookware. This combination of materials – and how those materials are layered and constructed – allows our cookware to heat evenly and adjust to temperature changes quickly, which gives you more control over your ingredients.”

They then go on to say why their non-stick pan is different. “We learned that the key to a highly effective and long-lasting non-stick pan lies in using an extremely durable non-stick surface. Our non-stick pans use a coating that is infused with stainless steel particles, creating a surface that has the toughness of a stainless steel pan and the non-stick capabilities you’re looking for. On top of that, we added even more durability by using an additional layer that has our unique honeycomb design—a naturally occurring pattern prized for its strength and resilience.”

The inside of the pan seems to have a honeycomb pattern. What’s that about? “Our stainless-steel infused non-stick coating is also reinforced with an additional “honeycomb” layer, which creates an even more effective and durable non-stick surface. Honeycomb is a naturally occurring pattern, known for its strength and durability that is often used by engineers when designing things like airplane wings and satellite walls. Why not bring this technology to your kitchen? Our unique honeycomb design creates a non-stick surface unlike anything you’ve ever used. It doesn’t hurt that it’s also easy on the eyes.”
Okay, time to order one and put it to the test. Instructions said to first wash with soapy water before using. After drying the bottom of the pan for the PIC, I decided to prepare a sliced up yellow squash with a fig jam and top it with shredded cheese. It just slid from the pan to a plate.  I used some olive oil so it might not be the real test.  

Second test involved heating leftovers that had rice, seasonings and protein.  Cooked up easily, slid on a plate and a sponge with dishwashing liquid was all I needed.  There was cumin in the dish and smelled that pan after I cleaned it. No leftover smell.  

I tend to cook with either butter or olive oil, mostly for the taste.  My final test was first placing shredded cheese in the hot pan on “high medium” first to melt and then switch to “low medium” to fry.  Easy to flip over and slid out on my plate like a crispy pancake.  I then cracked an egg placing the PIC on “low medium.” Broke the yolk and let it cook.  Easy flipping over and that, too slid out on a plate.  

My final test was a portion of fileted salmon.  No oil, no butter, just a bit of salt and squeeze of lime.  I heated it on medium high and covered.  Five minutes later, I flipped it over to sear the skin.  Let it cook a bit and yes, it simply slid onto my plate.  I love to munch the crispy skin last.  

I am careful to use those nylon utensils so as to not scratch the surface.  Using a PIC, the bottom never comes in contact with a flame. 
Sardel offers pans in both non-stick and just plain stainless steel. Pots are also available in stainless steel. For further information go to www.sardelkitchen.com     

No comments:

Post a Comment