Friday, July 15, 2011

NOT ALL NEWS IS NEGATIVE

I new restaurant had opened in my area some months ago called Independence Cafe. From the first look it appeared to be selling deli sandwiches and salads. They had decided to include freshly made hot choices such soups, Angus beef hamburgers, and things like chicken cacciatore.

I dropped in to see how they were doing as well as my wanting to write a follow up piece regarding the hot specials. Chef Jim had moved on and Chef Timothy Leonard took his place. Seems that Timothy has not only been "chef-ing" but has his side job called Funhouse Entertainment where he dresses as a clown, walks on stilts, etc.

Since I was there for a late lunch, I asked to sample his special spin on a Philly Cheese Steak. It contained: Angus Beef Steak, American Cheese, chopped red and green peppers, onions, ginger, soy sauce and Mandarin Sesame Dressing. That has got to be the tastiest "Philly" that I've sunk my teeth into. I also sampled the cole slaw that is made on the premises. Better than the ready made kind that one normally gets. Creamier and less vinegar tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment