Monday, May 24, 2010

GREENSBORO, NORTH CAROLINA: NATURAL SCIENCE CENTER





The full name of this place is Natural Science Center of Greensboro & Animal Discovery Zoological Park/OmniSphere Theater. That is probably due to the availability of so much to take in. There’s a science museum with exhibits and exploration for the young ‘uns which includes a small but varied aquarium. I skipped that part first to check out the animals. Don’t even try to get eye-to-eye with the tigers, as they will “spray” out to you and about a foot or two from the fence. Due to the rain I was unable to view those cute meerkats, but I did see the howler monkeys, gibbons, lemur, fox, parrots and more.

Back inside I got myself lost for 40 minutes in the OmniSphere Theater showing a 3-D movie of Sea Monsters. I also got a preview of an upcoming Laser Beatles. I hear that they are going to expand both the aquarium and zoological park next year.

I did take in some of the aquarium just so I could get video.





No comments:

Post a Comment