Monday, June 21, 2010

VIRGINIA BEACH: AQUARIUM














After the Dolphin cruise, we headed for the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center, who actually sponsored the cruise. The aquarium is ranked among the top 10 marine science and aquarium facilities in the US offering 800,000 gallons of aquarium and over 300 hands on exhibits. There are two buildings to view of which we only had time to view the main one. Although I was able to see sharks, they were not the New York Sharks. There were lots of turtles and a new cuttlefish that was just getting used to people watching it. I got to pet some stingray. I wish I did have time to go to the other building just to see the otters as well as checking out the IMAX movie. You can check it all out on www.virginiaaquarium.com

Nancy, Barb and I all took photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment