Monday, June 14, 2010

Williamsburg: Busch Gardens






The temperature was in the high 90's as I traipsed through Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA. I had my Gustbuster combination sun umbrella, walking stick, seat and rain umbrella with me which made it ten degrees cooler. There were three areas that I wanted to check out and was definitely not interested in any roller coaster or such ride. The Ireland area has this really fantastic show that combines a "plot" with singing, that great Irish riverdance and more.

Another new "ride" called Europe In The Air has popped up. It's a simulator that takes you on a trip through Europe. I didn't find it too bad on the body, if you know what I mean. Good photography. Only odd thing about this is how long a walk from the time you enter and the walk when you leave and all inside the "building".

Give me an opportunity to see or pet animals and I'm there. Animal Encounters is the name of the attractions. Highland Stables feature Scottish Blackface sheep, Border collies and Clydesdales. This exhibit highlights Scottish traditions dating back hundreds of years. They bring out different animals including a horse and lamb. You can get your picture taken with the animal while you pet them.

Another area had a screech owl that can be placed on your hand for a photo and then onto bald eagles and wolves that you do not have that access to.

No comments:

Post a Comment