Friday, December 3, 2010

AND THE REST OF THE DAY IN IRVINE






After getting back to the Atrium Hotel I decided to take advantage of the ambiance of the hotel. The pool area has cabanas and my studio room has a balcony. I could enter from either the sliding doors of the living room or bedroom.

Having relaxed I had dinner at the Waterfalls restaurant where I met the General Manager, Ron Nugent. They have a pretty diverse menu with some signature dishes from the Executive Chef.

My final attraction was the Orange County Performing Arts Center that abuts the South Coast Plaza. It was opening night as Beauty and the Beast was being performed by a traveling troop. The show would go for five days. Both the male and female leads did an excellent job and the actor who was the "sidekick" was quite funny and talented. I was disappointed with the female who took the role that Angela Landsbury was noted for. I didn't necessarily expect the Landsbury talent. She was not well applauded when she took her bows.

Nevertheless, the show itself was a high enough caliber considering the opening night slight mishaps.

I applaud the seats. Not only are they much wider than the Broadway stages, there is enough legroom for people to pass comfortably without your having to rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment