Thursday, December 2, 2010

SPECTRUM CENTER












I checked out from the Embassy Suites Hotel transferring to the Atrium Hotel and got shuttled to the Spectrum Center. This is another of the large shopping centers and owned by the Irvine Company. It's a lot different from South Coast Plaza. One level with no connections from one shop to the other. There are loads of restaurants with stores that are not as upscale as South Coast Plaza, although there are some upscale. More of family fun and entertainment as I saw an ice skating ring, ferris wheel, carousel, IMAX movie theatre and Improv Comedy Club.

The 108-foot ferris wheel is imported from Italy with large "buckets" that seats up to four people. Best view of Irvine.

A new bistro called Le Napoleon Patisserie caught my taste buds. Sandwiches, salads and, of course, pastry. I had a roast beef sandwich and two of their scrumptious macarons...pistachio and chocolate.

I would also highly recommend The Yardhouse as a dinner spot.

After taking a tour as well as purchasing a few calendars, I called the hotel to get shuttled over to my next stop, Pretend City Children's Museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment