Wednesday, December 1, 2010

ON TO IRVINE









It's on to Irvine after leaving Long Beach where I checked into the Embassy Suites Hotel. Got a room near the top floor making for a longer glass elevator ride and view of their atrium. Although they have a hot breakfast and evening Manager's foodie, I didn't have an opportunity to try either with my busy schedule. Love the room but also couldn't take advantage of the frig, either.

One great thing about the hotel is that they have a shuttle service that takes you up to 3 miles when available.

The first place that I went was the Barclay Theatre on the campus of UC Irvine. Although I was unable to view a performance, I did get a backstage tour. The theatre is located on the campus but is not part of UC Irvine. There is a sort of fountain/waterfalls in front.

Across the way from the campus is a small complex of restaurants and a few shops called University Center. I had heard good things about one restaurant called Britta's Cafe, so lunch it was. Britta Pulliam is the owner and chef as well as waiting tables. She marinates a variety of olives as an appetizer. Olives grown in California!

I had a salad with chicken, persimmons, goat cheese, spicy walnuts and pomegranate dressing. Ice creams made on the premises. Best vanilla I've had being a chocoholic. Love the espresso. Take concord grapes, turn them into a sorbet!

No comments:

Post a Comment