Sunday, July 1, 2012

MORE GRAETER FOR THE GOOD

I trying to sample each of Greater's Ice Cream flavors as all are not in my local supermarket.  This time it was Peanut Butter Chip, Coconut Chip and three sorbets: raspberry, strawberry and lemon.  The Peanut Butter Chip is wonderful and even better if you sandwich it in between a Fairytale Brownies Chocolate Chip brownie.  Much better than a Reese's Peanut Butter cup as you're indulging not only in the brownie but dark chocolate instead of the cheap milk chocolate that they use.

I do not like coconut.  I couldn't believe my reaction to the Coconut Chip!  It's not that "palm oil" taste that I get from the chips used in other ice creams but shredded coconut.  This is by far better than a Mounds as it doesn't have that oily taste that I get from a Mounds bar.

Now to the sorbets.  They tasted true to the flavor.  However....I just found them much too sweet for my palate.  I'm going to try making a smoothie using milk to help calm it down.  Or perhaps mix with vanilla ice cream for a sherbert....nah...still too sweet.  Doesn't work with a brownie.  Perhaps a scoop in my cold cereal as a fruit substitute.  I'll figure it out.

Hey, I just saw Rich Graeter on The View as part of ice cream month.  His ice cream was featured first!  

No comments:

Post a Comment