Thursday, August 14, 2014

LET’S GIVE THAT FAN A ROUND OF APPLAUSE



Hot days are still ahead of us as air conditioners and fans fill the home air.  Sleeping can be a problem due to the constant noise.   Between the motor and blades there is no time for your brain to totally relax unless you wear ear plugs at night or noise cancellation machines by day.  Is there a solution?

Dyson found one.  They invented a powerful fan without blades.  “Now housing a Helmholtz cavity, designed to capture and dissipate motor noise. And an eccentrically aligned loop allows air to enter with less turbulence, further reducing noise. “ That’s nice. 

Let me describe it a bit.  The particular fan that I fell in love with is 10 inches tall and sits on a desk.   The fan portion is more like a round frame with nothing in the middle.   This air flow is coming from the cavity up to the circular portion that projects the air.   Using a remote control unit (magnetized so that you can rest it on the top of the fan) you can put it on 10 precise airflow settings.  

The programmer comes with a sleep timer that can be pre-set to intervals ranging from 15 minutes to 9 hours. 

What I experienced is this quiet clean air as if I were feeling a breeze of cool but not cold air.  I didn’t have to necessarily sit right of front of it.   I tested it at 6 feet away on the highest speed and still felt its power.   In fact, I have it near where I watch tv tending to lie in a reclining chair.   I easily nod out!  

I have an air conditioner in the adjoining room that also has a ceiling fan.   The living room, where the tv is located, also has a ceiling fan.   I have found that I can turn off this ceiling fan, use the Dyson, and experience the cooler air. 

There is no need to have it rotate and cleaning is a cinch since there are no blades to deal with.   Damp cloth.  

With this particular one (not sure about the pedestal model), there is no height adjustment but you can adjust the position of facing somewhat up or down.  

Check out another type of unit that delivers the cool air in the summer and heat in the winter. 

I have been putting my experience on my facebook page and gotten much positive feedback.   I also met someone who bought one a few years ago pointing out the distance that she tried it.   I didn’t have to tell her my experience as all I did was agree with hers.

I will admit that this is not an inexpensive item.   I will admit that it is sooooo worth it! www.dyson.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment