Saturday, May 9, 2009

SHARKS CRUSH THE CRUSHERS

I went to the New York Sharks game and sung the National Anthem. It was that, or "Singing In The Rain"...and since it didn't rain... I hit the notes just fine and simply belted the song without any extra drama...you know what I mean. I'm sure you know by now that the Sharks are a women's pro football team. It was a home game at the Sharks' Field located at Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn. It was their second home game and so far they took three of the four games. The score for this one was 40-14 against the Connecticut Crush. Adrienne Smith (#10) made Sharks herstory by running 98 yards for a touchdown delivered by our humble, but magnificent star quarterback, Karen "Mulli" Mulligan. I'm not sure as to whether that was IWFL herstory...I'll check. Then there was that "crushing" fumble that led to rookie Hanna Williams' (#83) 96 yard run for another TD. As she was fastly approaching the goal line, she then started looking around to see if anyone was near her. She later told me that because she was running so fast she wanted to see if there was any possibility of slowing down...she didn't bother to do so. I certainly don't want to leave out another rookie, Chante Bonds (#80) who returned a punt 56 yards for another Sharks TD. Right now the NY Sharks are 3-1. The next game is at home, on May 16th against the DC Divas!

I have a Sharks mascot toy that sings, "One day or another, I'm gonna getcha, I'm gonna getcha, getcha, getcha..." Not only does the tail move but the mouth opens and closes. We're going to have fun doing interviews with this! Hopefully one will be posted soon on the New York Sharks website in their youtube area...or maybe I'll get it for mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment