Thursday, July 30, 2009

Mystery Package Delivered

It was about 20 minutes prior to my radio show when UPS arrived with "The Package". I could smell the aroma of a rotting apple...and yes, its was. The smell wasn't overwhelming due to a company sending us lavender. Let's begin with the bottle of wine that I wasn't even sure about. Aside from being a red wine, which I am allergic to, it was paper wrapped and then wrapped in bubble. When I removed the paper, I noticed that the foil top was almost removed and a part of the cork had risen from the top. I'm not sure what that means, and if it has to do with its arriving almost two weeks later. Next, there was a company called C Shop that gave us a gift box of various chocolates and other candies. The box was crushed and all candies were melted, some of which the wrapping was opened and stuff had oozed out and onto much of my press kit papers. There was a pint of honey roasted peanut butter, but the plastic container had cracked and some of the peanut butter had oozed out. Then there was this Camembert Cheese, having not been refrigerated for about two weeks. Pretzels in a small plastic bag had gone stale. Only salvageable food was the bag of some special hazelnuts. I think I'll have them with a bottle of Blue Moon beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment