Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Mystery Package

Leaving Bellingham,WA on Saturday the 18th I decide to request that the organizing group send me a package of various items that were picked up along the trip, such as press kits and food. I am waiting for the package and ask when it should arrive so that I can complete my articles and do have a concern about a large wedge of cheese. I'm not sure as to whether there was a bottle of wine as I did take home a bottle of red wine, wrapped it up well and placed it in my luggage to go under the plane. When I opened the luggage, it appeared that security needed to look at the bottle of wine but did not wrap it up in the jacket to cushion it. However, it did not break. Okay, back to the package. I am told that the package was sent out on Tuesday and will arrive by Friday. It is sent via a place called Purple Smiles Wine in Fairhaven as they are licensed to send alcohol. Friday is arriving (still concerned about whatever perishable food has gone in there)and I call Purple for a tracking number. Seems that it was shipped UPS Ground and to arrive on Tuesday, the 28th. I stay home and am even concerned about hitting the toilet so as not to miss UPS. It is supposed to arrive by 7 p.m. and it is now 6 p.m.

I check the tracking again to find out that at 5:06 or whatever, there was no one to sign for it and it states that an adult has to sign for it. I call UPS to find out that the package was sent to 9434 instead of 9134. UPS says that I either have to hike over to their building (not a place that you can take public transportation and even if I did, it would cost me $4.50 rt (the fares here went up) to pick up this 8 lb package of which I don't even know what the fark is in it anymore.

I call Purple and they say that they put it into the system as 9134 but not clear as to what actually went on the packing slip...or who put the address on the packing slip. Now, UPS says that they have to call UPS to tell them of the error in order for me to get the package delivered to my home. They say that they will take care of it and call me back with the information. Despite a few calls, I am not called back.

Okay, so let's say that they take care of this tomorrow (Wednesday), I probably won't get it until Thursday as I picture rotten fruit and a wedge of cheese which was originally a white cheese and has become a sort of bleu cheese. I also picture the UPS guy needing to wear a gas mask and swatting flies.

Now, it is possible that UPS made an error. They have done this before...big time as I addressed the labels of three packages for pickup and even wrote the addresses on the boxes and despite my effort, all three packages went to the same location...two were going to Pennsylvania and the other to Minnesota.

So I await to see the mystery package and who will own up to placing the wrong address. If someone was home at the 9434 address, they could have simply signed for it and kept it. It didn't request my signature...just one of an adult.

Tune in for "All My Packages"..."As The Package Turns"...."One Package to Live" or "General Bellingham".

No comments:

Post a Comment