Saturday, August 28, 2010

DINNER, BREAKFAST AND OFF TO THE EAST







Dinner was at the Park Avenue Pub at 650 Park Avenue. Rustic and home-y restaurant. I started with their Risotto of the day, which was with crab meat. An onion salad, was not what one would think it to be. They take a whole Vidalia onion and stuff it with cranberries and couscous before baking it. I was trying to share it with Eunice but she began belching just looking at it. Oh, well. Both Eunice and Esther excused themselves from the table when my chicken entree arrived. Dessert was not turned down by neither as I ordered a triple chocolate bread pudding. Yum!

This particular Saturday evening, dinner ends at 10 p.m. and the restaurant becomes a karaoke bar. I sang two songs and thought I heard Esther and Eunice clucking along.

Afterward, I got a driving tour of the area's night life. Park Avenue and downtown East Avenue were packed with people, young and old, gay and straight, and various ethnicities.

I great night's sleep at the Strathallan and we're off to breakfast at Jine's, located just down the block from Park Avenue Pub. I had the Orange Marmalade French Toast. Eunice was eying one of their varieties of Eggs Benedict dishes but was ward off by the person eating it. I explained that she thought it might be a relative.

No comments:

Post a Comment