Tuesday, December 13, 2011

GOOD COOKIES

No, I'm not talking about cookies as in computer cookies. I bought a container of cookies that looked like the tri-colored sort. It read, "Rainbow Marzipan". They are "tri-color" but with an added layer of marzipan on top and on the bottom. It came from a kosher bakery called Continental Cookies in New Jersey. The "kosher" only means that there are no meat by products used. However, they do use dairy products, which only means that for those who keep kosher at home...no mixing of meat and milk...you have to wait hours before eating a dairy product after having a meat product. I don't keep kosher. For me, I happen to love the chocolate used in the kosher bakeries. They tend to use a dark chocolate.

Back to the Rainbow Marzipan. I want to have almond paste in my tri-color cookies...not a flavor of almond paste or a hint of almond paste. Here are the choices to buying them. Go to there company in Hackensack, New Jersey. Find their products at a store. Go online and order them. www.continentalcookies.com under "gourmet cookies".

No comments:

Post a Comment