Friday, May 10, 2013

STOP AND CHECK AGAIN

Yeah folks I went to good old Stop and Shop which has to change their name to Stop and Check.  It started when I brought home a rotisseire chicken simply because I was absolutely too tired to cook and on Friday they sell them for 2 for 11 dollars.

I unload the packages and put things away before hoping to enjoy my dinner.  Appetizer of sushi was just fine.  I can always count on that because the guy who makes it doesn't work for Stop and Shop.

The chicken is still warm as I grabbed one that was "under that lamp".   I cut it open to find that the meat is raw at the bones.

I am about to call Stop and Check when I decide to look at my receipt.   I first notice that despite giving my "card" to the cashier the price of milk does not reflect the discount of 30 cents.  I had also handed a rain check to the cashier allowing me to get a free Hagen Daz gelato with the purchase of two pints of their regular ice cream on sale a 2 for 7 dollars.  Didn't give me the cold bag thing as noted in ad.

Cat food on sale 24 for 10 dollars...Friskies.. the 5.5 ounces...when  it's that price I need to stock up.  When I buy the cat food at that price or another sale when its 20 for 10 dollars I bag it.  I bag everything I buy so that when I get to the register, what is in each bag is what I want back it that bag.  It is much easier for me as bags are now separated in categories....I even bring an insulated bag so that I know that that bag has everything that needs to go into the freezer or refrigerator first.  Okay....anyway.  I wound up with two bags each having 24.  However, my receipt shows that I have four more.  The cashier scanned each can but it didn't look as if it were done correctly....which is why I checked.

I call the store and speak with a manager on duty by the name of Rog.  He said that he is new and only working there for a month.  I first tell him about the chicken and ask if the policy of getting double my money back was still being honored.  He didn't know.  He had to ask a cashier who said that I needed to bring back the chicken in order to get my money back.  I asked him how long should I keep the chicken as I'm not coming in like the next day....the cashier tells him that I should put it in my refrigerator.  I just did my shopping so how long do you think it's going to hang there before it stinks up my refrigerator....a week?

I called the next day to talk with the store manager.  She told me to throw away the chicken and bring in the receipt and she'll take care of all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment