Thursday, January 14, 2010

Bus Driver Loses It



I'm on a NYC MTA bus called the Q11, which is going south on Woodhaven Blvd. It's crowded having left from the train station on Queens Blvd. The bus stops at around 63rd Drive. It's standing there and the bus driver isn't doing anything. The front door is open. Twice I am hearing people in the back area say, "BACK DOOR!". I'm thinking that someone who is in wheelchair needs to get on but it appears that this driver isn't doing anything. I ask someone who seems closer as to what the bus driver is doing. The passenger tells me that he's just sitting there looking at some papers. Being a journalist for the local newspaper here, I'm about to get up when I hear some passengers near me in the front telling him to drive the bus. There then becomes verbal altercation with him and some of the passengers. I'm hearing the bus driver telling the passengers to fuck off and gives them the finger. At this bus stop there was no one getting on the bus and two passengers were in the front but not passed the white line. It appears that this bus driver was telling some passengers to move to the rear, even though the bus was much less crowded at this point. Personally, I thought this bus driver was not in the position to continue driving and passengers, including myself were getting his badge number and number on the bus.

I'm going to file a complaint in the morning as there was no one around to complain to this evening. I think that bus drivers take advantage of the time. I took a few photos of this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment