Thursday, February 11, 2010

Shreveport Saga: Brunch







Sleeping in a bit later as the day began with brunch at Ristorante Giuseppe. Who would expect such a great Italian restaurant to locate themselves in Shreveport. The state of the art kitchen, which Executive Chef Brucia purchased in Milan and had it shipped to America, is completely open to the public and looks a bit like "Hell's Kitchen". This place is pretty big! I loved the separate small rooms for private parties. Hey, you can even get a private room for 2...to dine!

As far as the food...they make their own pasta, gelato and mozzarella. Learning of them already impressed me. It was really difficult to choose from the menu. Would it surprise you that I started my meal with Mozzarella Caprese? Slices of mozzarella, tomatoes, with basil pesto and prosciutto. Wanted to make sure I had some salad, so I ordered a small Caesar. Great dressing. Pasta...Fettucine with a lamb tomato sauce. Needless to say, I sample some of their gelato for dessert...chocolate, cherry and a blood orange sorbet.

No comments:

Post a Comment