Tuesday, February 16, 2010

UPS SUCKS AGAIN !

Ultimate Poor Service strikes again. I am expecting a package, namely a King Cake from Julie Anne's in Shreveport. They sent it next day service. I'm waiting for the package and around 2 p.m. call Julie Anne's to get a tracking number. I go online to find that the package is at the local UPS but due to weather conditions, there's an "exception". In the meantime, there didn't seem to be a problem with my regular mail delivery, despite the snow. It wasn't as if it were a foot of snow on the ground.

I call UPS to inquire and a women at customer service tells me that the package will be delivered by 7 p.m. having priority since it was to be an overnight service. It's getting close to 7 p.m. when I call again. There's no note that I even called, let alone their not knowing who told me that. I ask to speak to a supervisor and Tim Woody gets on the phone. After telling him that I needed this package since I would be using the contents while on my radio show he tells me that he will make a call to the local place and get back with me in ten minutes.

No phone call. I call UPS again. This time I first talk to customer service and then "William ID 2100" another supervisor. It appears that although I view a time and "Out for Delivery", it doesn't mean that it is actually out for delivery, but scanned and ready to go out for delivery. Thus, when you send a package UPS overnight it doesn't mean that they will keep their agreement, let alone lie about the situation or promise to get back to you.

It is way to late for the package to even get to me and I get a phone call from the supervisor at the local UPS, who I have dealt with before. He tells me that there is a backup starting from the last snow storm and then Valentine's Day, etc.

I don't expect the cake to be fresh, let alone that there is a cream cheese frosting going to hell. He tells me to call the company and have them make a claim. That doesn't help me, of course.

Oh, the last time, I sent out three packages. Two were going to one address in PA and one going to an address in MN. All three went to PA in spite of the fact that I hand wrote both the address and return address on each of the boxes. One of the packages was a blender. My sister thanks me for the blender. What am I supposed to say..."send me back the blender, even though you already used it" ?

So, now the guy at the local UPS says that he will put in a request to have the package sent to me by 10:30 a.m. I am starting the radio show at 5 p.m.

It is about 1 p.m. the next day and not only did I not get this package, which says, "Out For Delivery" but a one day morning overnight is hung up at the UPS in Shreveport.

So, UNTIMELY PACKAGE SUCKS does it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment