Sunday, February 3, 2013

INTERMEZZO SCARES ME



Listening to a commercial on a product called Intermezzo that aids in giving you a full night sleep.  About a third of the commercial focuses on the product while the rest on the effects.  I looked it up afterwards.

Important information about Intermezzo


"Intermezzo may cause a severe allergic reaction. Stop taking Intermezzo and get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat".  So far, all of these symptoms would certainly prevent me from sleeping! 

"Some people using this medicine have engaged in activity such as driving, eating, or making phone calls and later having no memory of the activity".  Let’s start with the eating part.  I might just remember after suddenly gaining 25 pounds and noticing all of the food missing from the refrigerator.  Phone calls? Wow…this is certainly a much better excuse than "I was drunk”.


"If this happens to you, stop taking Intermezzo and talk with your doctor about another treatment for your sleep disorder"  My doctor?  How about all of my now former friends and pissed off relatives! 


"Intermezzo may impair your thinking or reactions".  I think that aging might have already done that.


"You may still feel sleepy the morning after taking the medication." Sleepy…was I actually getting some sleep with all of these reactions?


"Wait at least 4 hours or until you are fully awake before you drive, operate machinery, pilot an airplane, or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert".  It’s that airplane thing…the problem is that I don’t remember where I put it.


"Do not take this medicine if you have consumed alcohol during the day or just before bed."  Why bother, this one’s a much better excuse.


"To make sure you can safely take Intermezzo, tell your doctor if you have any of these other conditions: kidney disease; liver disease; lung disease such as asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD); sleep apnea (breathing stops during sleep); myasthenia gravis;" Goodness, here’s another one that I have to look up! "a history of depression, mental illness, or suicidal thoughts; or a history of drug or alcohol addiction."  If I didn’t have suicidal thoughts before taking this stuff and experiencing these side effects, I certainly do now!








No comments:

Post a Comment