Friday, February 8, 2013

UNBELIEVABLY POOR SERVICE

A package was coming to me via Unbelievably Poor Service.  Better known as UPS.   Good grief. The package contained frozen food and marked as "perishable" I am sure!  Dry ice in it and sent 3day to arrive 2/8 "by the end of the day".

It was about 5 p.m. and had been checking the tracking.  It started out in Kansas on 2/5 at 9:40 p.m. when it was scanned and departed on 2/6 at 12:02 a.m.  Okay that's less than 3 hours.  It arrives in Secaucus, NJ on 2/7 at 10:40 a.m. ...about 22 hours later.  The departure scan has it as 1:21 a.m.  on 2/8.  That's about 15 hours later and it arrives in Maspeth (approximately 15 minutes from my home) at 2:15 a.m. about an hour later.  Hey, that pretty good.  BUT WAIT!  It is now Out for Delivery at 5:01 a.m. and only 3 hours later.

It is approximately 5 p.m. when I call UPS to find out as to what constitutes "end of the day".  I am told by 7 p.m. or sometimes later if they haven't gotten all of the packages out.   At 7 p.m. I go online to read, "Emergency conditions beyond UPS control".

I call.  I ask the woman as to why, after noticing that it's labeled as being perishable and most likely has something indicating that there is dry ice, that they don't give it a priority before the snow storm got worse!  She is telling me that the package does not indicate it being perishable, etc.  I know it is since the food is supposed to arrive frozen.

She is first saying that although the tracking is reading "Out for delivery" that it did not go on the truck.  I question her as to why it would say it if it didn't go out.  She puts me on hold.  Get's back and says that she made a mistake and that it did go on the truck.

When will it get delivered?  Hey, Friday is the delivery day.  No delivery on Saturday or Sunday!  By Monday, it will be not only thawed but not at a refrigerated temperature.  Do they not look at the perishable indication and not care?

This is both a loss to the producer in the amount paid for shipping as well as the loss in food.  We are not talking cheap food, either.

I mean....the package is 15 minutes away from my house and they couldn't get it to me?  I have yet to not have a problem with this Unbelievably Poor Service! 


Update. The package arrived on Monday late afternoon.  Needless to say all was thrown out.  But to the receiver it is deceiving as everything was cold, but that is most likely due to the weather.   It looked as if there was meat blood all over.   Proved that at least one product totally defrosted.






















































No comments:

Post a Comment