Monday, July 5, 2010

NORFOLK DAY CONTINUES








We were going to walk to 219 American Bistro but my legs hurt from standing such a long time on the segway. Yes, I would do it again. Well, they have this free transportation called F.R.E.D. It's a golf cart powered by battery. You simply call about 15 minutes before you need it and they take you door to door anywhere in the downtown area. No tip allowed, either. Now pair this with a shuttle bus that's free as well.

219 American Bistro is on Granby Street. Once again, I ordered fish. Ordered a smoked salmon appetizer and red fish as the entree. I was actually seeking soft shell crabs and oysters but neither were in season.

Doumar's was the next stop. Mr. Doumar invented the first waffle cone and it apparently still tastes great. But that's not the only draw to this diner. Park your car, flick your headlights and a waitress comes out to take your order. Just like in the 50's...as I see it in the movies.

Took a nap, did my radio show and now off to dinner at Press 626 Cafe & Wine Bar on West Olney Rd. Here I indulged in a white wine sangria, clam and sweet corn fritters and crab cakes. Panko encrusted with mango-pineapple salsa over organic field greens finished with a citrus vinaigrette.

No comments:

Post a Comment