Saturday, July 17, 2010

ROWENAS

I hosted my radio show last night and had two wonderful guests, one of which was Rowena Fullinwider who is the president of Rowenas Jams and Jellies...and sauces, and cakes, and books... I did a tasting of some of her goodies using my own chicken salad. I had cooked the fresh young chicken in a NuWave oven so that it would come out perfect. I sliced up some fresh ginger and threw it into the cavity. Then I coated the chicken with Rowenas spicy peanut sauce. I ate the dark meat and then saved the breast meat for the chicken salad. The peanut sauce on the wings and legs were just enough to give it a great flavor with only a slight kick on the spicy. Keep in mind that regardless of what you do with a chicken it only tastes as good as its freshness.

Okay so the next day I made the chicken salad by simply adding some mayo to the almost-mashed pieces. I divided the salad into four parts and placed more of the Spicy Peanut Sauce on one, Carrot Jam on another, Devilish Mustard Sauce and after mashing in a bit of fresh avocado, I added Lemon Curd to the last. I haven't tried the Curry Sauce as yet but will do so today when I'm making short ribs.

No comments:

Post a Comment