Sunday, July 4, 2010

NORFOLK VIRGINIA HERE I AM






Arriving in Norfolk I was transported to my hotel via a friendly and knowledgeable car service called Orange Peel. www.orangepeeltransportation.com . There I was at the new Residence Inn on Brambleton Avenue in the heart of downtown Norfolk. www.www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/orfrn-residence-inn-norfolk-downtown/

I love the lobby. It's really modern with plenty of seating spaces. Aside from free internet access, a large screen tv, there is one of those hand sanitizers to use. Smart idea, especially since there is not only a free hot buffet breakfast, but also a "social" at around 5:30 with food enough to sneak in dinner if you want.

All of the rooms have a full kitchen if you want to cook or even just buy items to store in the refrigerator. Going "green" there a main light switch as you enter the room, so you can turn off any lights that are on before you leave the room.

There was a basket of goodies from Norfolk tourism waiting on my dining room table including a golf shirt, rain parka (although it didn't rain)and a case for my camera. I think that the case was really for memory sticks.

I'm off to No Frill Grill for dinner. It's located in the Ghent section of Norfolk. I sampled spinach and artichoke dip, a gazpacho with crab meat and boison cheese that's made on the premises and perogies with sausage. The chef says that he likes to combine southern and asian cuisines. www.nofrillgrill.com

No comments:

Post a Comment