Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Aboard The Sweet Cruise


Time to board the NCL Spirit and inaugural Sweet cruise! I purposely requested a stateroom on a high floor and toward the middle as I had heard that it would be best in case of "turbulence". Good size room, especially for one person. Shower provided a dispenser with shampoo and soap as well as a soap dispense near the sink. I was not able to hear announcements in my room as they were not automatically coming into the room's speakers. I believe that I heard that if I were to flip to one of the television channels, that I would hear it. During the entire cruise I kept picturing all of these naked women popping out of their stateroom upon hearing the faint musical tones that would precede the announcements. Needless to say, I made it a point to listen to the information regarding the mandatory Lifeboat Drill.

Check with press area for my identification and check even further for press conferences. Dinner with my fellow press people at Windows, the largest of the restaurants. I finally found Andra and Linda, who were having dinner at another area at this restaurant. "Meet you at the Welcome Show. Save me a seat".

Sweet founders Jen Rainin and Shannon Wentworth talked about what we were looking to accomplish with the volunteering as well as making sure that we all had a great time on the ship. Suzanne Westenhoefer introduced her funny self, but there was no actual show.

Karaoke at Henry's Pub with Nat & Meg, hosted by FlawLes. Well into the singing I was encourage to sing a song and chose "The Rose". As I approached the mike one women started to chant, "Merle, Merle..." and everyone followed. I decided to make it a point to perform rather than just sing the song, focusing my eyes on each person as all eyes were on me. Days later I would still be identified as, "Hey, there's The Rose".

It was soon after my performance that I left the area to find the "safety" of my room, as the boat began to rock. Should I don my life jacket over my pajamas?

No comments:

Post a Comment