Thursday, November 26, 2009

Saturday At Sea Continued





After the press conference I took a lunch break and returned to the same Galaxy of Stars for another Sweet Sparks. This one had love guru Barb Elgin, health and wellness profesionals D. Magrini and Victoria Proctor, social networking Marven Laura Fitzpartrick, speicla pet CPR clinic by Doctor Michelle Jack and special guest Andra Douglas!!! Comedian Jennie McNulty was present to listen to Andra as Jennie has been playing tackle football for years! Same league, California team.

There was a show entitled Elements being performed at the Stardust Theatre at 5:30. I wasn't sure as to what it was all about but got that it was a Norwegian Cruise Line Production. "Mesmerizing magic, to the visual feast of flying, to exciting music and dance, this dazzling show will revel in the four elements of Earth, Air, Water and Fire". Somehow I thought that it would be one of those cruise crew song and dance productions. It turned out to be one that I hope no one missed. Sort of a Cirque du Soleil meets magic. Hat's off to the performers! Will the Farewell show be as spectacular?

Jennie McNulty opened the show and announcing that Andra was in the audience, which led her into some comedy regarding her playing football. Andra got a big cheer for this. Jennie was pretty funny. Then came the main act...Suzanne Westenhoefer. I have to say that anyone who made fun of the hurricane got a laugh. She said little and went into her own spiel. Most of it was humorous but the audience didn't seem to care for the humor involving her sister who died as a child. She also joked about her goofs with audience members such as when she kept asking some woman to come up on the stage to find out that she was in a wheelchair. Part of her routine also centered on what she called "bio man", I think. A guy who is born a man, likes being a male and straight. She compared it to her cat. Pretty cute.

Although there was PJ Party and Club Skirts Party to end the cruise and evening, I opted to pack and put my luggage outside my stateroom and get some shuteye for a early morning wakeup.

Photos are of the Sweet staff, Suzanne Westenhoefer, Jennie McNulty and Esther getting a taste of Sweet...hmmm...if I click onto the photo and then enlarge further I think I see Meredith Baxter near the front and center of the stage.



No comments:

Post a Comment