Tuesday, November 17, 2009

New Orleans




With various airlines going to New Orleans I opted for Air Tran and treated myself to Business Class. Seats are wider and longer leg room. It's Air Tran's version of First Class. No charge for drinks, better snacks and I could put two pieces of luggage under the plane with no charge. Otherwise the first piece is free. Considering that I'm going to be away for 8 days with no washer/dryer, it's the way to go. The journey took me from New York to Atlanta to New Orleans.

Took a shuttle bus to the Chateau Bourbon, a Wyndham Historic Hotel located in the French Quarter. The room had a separate area with a second television, table and couch. There was a door leading onto a common terrace that was most likely used for events. I would be doing my radio show later that evening.

I met up with Andra Douglas, the owner of the New York Sharks, who was traveling with Linda. We had lunch at this most adorable restaurant called Cafe Amelie. Although there is some indoor dining, it's all about the atmosphere of the Princess of Monaco Courtyard and Carriage House as well as the great food.

General Manager Danny Akers recommended a few items. I had the Roasted Beet Salad with field greens, goat cheese and walnuts followed by a sandwich called Cochon De Lait, spicy pulled pork, mayo, sweet spicy pickles on ciabatta. They also make this fruity non-alcoholic drink of fresh lemonade with crushed berries, which Esther enjoyed as well. Pictured are: Danny, myself, Linda and Andra.

No comments:

Post a Comment