Friday, November 20, 2009

If It's Wednesday, It Must Be Belize









It's Wednesday and we're docked at Belize. Oh, oh...we're not exactly docked there. It means that we have to take a tender to the port. So, let's see. I decided on an excursion of which I would be taking an Airboat Adventure and Belize City Tour. That means that I'm going from the ship to the tender to a bus to an airboat, back to a bus to a tender to the ship. The tender took at least half an hour and was almost as rocky as the ship during the hurricane. I took my knapsack, camera, passport and forgot to take money. Well, after using my key card on the ship for any expenses, I didn't even think of it. We toured one part of Belize City prior to the airboat and did a different area after the airboat. The bus driver's name was "Mr. Butch". We got to the airboat spot and saw these baby crocodiles. We would see them later during the boat tour. There were times that we went fast and curved to either the right or left. We were instructed to raise our hands and tilt upon request, so to speak. There were a few 360 degree turns as well. We were spotting several birds and the crocs. One came to the boat and jumped up for food given by the tour guide.

Back at the dock I saw a company selling rum cakes. Rainforest Rum Cakes made in Belize. Sampled a Chocolate Chip one. Quite tasty! The guy gave me this little bottle of hot sauce to try. I put a drop in my food and already tasted it. Anyway, you can check out the rum cakes on their website of www.rainforestrumcakes.com

In the meantime, Andra and Linda were doing a zip line on another excursion!

No comments:

Post a Comment